Strategy: concepts, schools and trends.
Business strategies: choice and balance of the organization, product policy, information system, coherence of objectives, relations with the economic environment.
Internal analysis: resources, balance sheet, product portfolio. External analysis: the customer, the competitors (Value Chain Analysis), the market (Five Forces Model), the environment (PEST).
Essential notions in the field of strategic communication of organizations. The communication plan. The financial dimension of a communication plan (communication budget, in coordination with the course LCOMU2706 management of communication). Types and areas of strategic communication of organizations, focusing on different types of organization: large corporations and multinationals; SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises); Non-profit sector and associations; The public sector.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- to understand the basic notions of strategic thinking, particularly in the case of organizations and enterprises;
- understand the process that leads from a strategic analysis to the definition of a specific strategy;
- know the different stages of development of a communication plan, and know how to put in place a communication project for an organization, following rational principles of project management and in connection with the overall strategy of the organization;
- know the main types of strategic communication of organizations;
- know the particularities of strategic communication in large and multinational companies, SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises), the non-profit sector and the public sector.
La contribution de cette UE au développement et à la maîtrise des compétences et acquis du (des) programme(s) est accessible à la fin de cette fiche, dans la partie « Programmes/formations proposant cette unité d’enseignement (UE) ».