This course shows the main issues of internal communication, using a series of analytical categories provided by the communication and information sciences. It presents the relations between internal communication, culture and identity of organizations. It also presents the relationship between internal communication and human resource management (HRM), and the contribution of internal communication to change management.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to master in a reflexive and critical way a series of elements that relate to the internal communication of the organizations:
- distinguishing phenomena and practices of internal communication;
- identify the main tools and techniques of internal communication and understand their logic;
- distinguish the different methods of analysis of internal communication;
- develop a communication strategy for change;
- understand the relationship between internal communication and human resources management (HRM);
- grasp certain normative aspects and the ethical dimension related to internal communication, in a context of multiculturalism.
La contribution de cette UE au développement et à la maîtrise des compétences et acquis du (des) programme(s) est accessible à la fin de cette fiche, dans la partie « Programmes/formations proposant cette unité d’enseignement (UE) ».
This course shows the main issues of internal communication (IC). Main subjects:
Internal communication: definitions and history.
Organisational structures. Organisational culture.
The place of the IC service in the organisation and the role of the IC professional.
IC for organisational change: theory and exercices.
lectures; presentations by the students of texts on IC articles; groupe exercices; examples presented by IC professionals.
des acquis des étudiants
written exam (in French or English); evaluation of presentations by the students; evaluations of exercices on change communication.