This class is accessbiel only to CEMS students
The design and implementation of strategic innovation management processes within multinational firms.
Having regard to the LO of the programme X, this activity contributes to the development and acquisition of the following LO:
- 1. Corporate citizenship 1.1. 'Demonstrate independent reasoning, look critically ' 1.2.Decide and act by incorporating ethical and humanistic values ,' 1.3. Decide and act responsibly ' 2. Knowledge and reasoning 2.1. Master the core knowledge of each area of management. 2.2. Master highly specific knowledge ' 2.3. Articulate the acquired knowledge from different areas 2.4. Activate and apply the acquired knowledge ' 3. A scientific and systematif approach 3.1. Conduct a clear, structured, analytical reasoning ' 3.2. Collect, select and analyze relevant information ' 3.3.Consider problems using a systemic and holistic approach ' 3.4. Perceptively synthesize 'demonstrating a certain conceptual distance ' 4. Innovation and entrepreneurship 4.1. Identify new opportunities, propose creative and useful ideas ' 4.2. Initiate, develop and implement ideas around a new product, service, process ' 4.3. ' collaborate and actively drive forward collective ac- tions for change' 5. Work effectively in an international and multicultural environment 5.1.Understand the inner workings of an organization ' 5.2.Position ... the functioning of an organization, in its ...socio-economic dimensions' 6. Teamwork and leadership 6.1. Work in a team... 7. Project management 7.2. Organize, manage and control the process, ' 8. Communication and interpersonal skills 8.1. Express a clear and structured message' 9. Personal and professional development 9.1. Independent self-starter '
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- - By the end of the class, students should master the main concepts underlying the development of innovation management as a core competitive advantage of a firm- By the end of the class, students should master the key aspects of the case for strategic innovation for firms- By the end of the class, students should master the main concepts related to innovative strategies- By the end of the class, students should master the main concepts related to innovative and nimble organizations- By the end of the class, students should master the main concepts related to the internal and external sources of innovation for a firm
La contribution de cette UE au développement et à la maîtrise des compétences et acquis du (des) programme(s) est accessible à la fin de cette fiche, dans la partie « Programmes/formations proposant cette unité d’enseignement (UE) ».
The objective of this class is to introduce the main concepts, models and issues of innovation-based strategy design and execution, in particular regarding global corporate strategies, competitive advantage and value creation.
We also address some key strategic issues related to global business strategy and capabilities.
Finally, we also introduce students to the challenges of consensus-based decision-making in uncertain and ambiguous environments
Methods In-class activities - Lectures - Interactive seminar - Micro-teaching (partly presented by students) At home activities - Students presentation
des acquis des étudiants
Continuous evaluation (50%)
- Date: Week 2-5
- Type of evaluation: Group readings and presentations
Evaluation week (in November - 50%)
- Oral: 3 students/hour
- Written: -
- Unavailability or comments: schedule managed by teacher
- Oral: -
- Written: -
- Unavailability or comments:
Students who fail the November exam can have a second chance in September (oral exam or written work if student is abroad)
Navigating Innovation App on iOS and Android