At the end of the course, the student will have acquired the skills to:
- Design a crisis communication device for his/her organization; Public authorities, local authorities, enterprises, associations;
- Mastering crisis communication tools, including, of course, digital media;
- Organize the operation of the crisis unit of his/her organization;
- To deal with the crisis situations that he/she will have to face in his/her professional life;
- Decrypting media attention on crisis situations;
- Be able to control his/her message in crisis situations, both in external communication and in internal communication;
- Integrate the theme of sustainable development into his/her communication by avoiding the drifts of greenwashing;
- Organize stakeholder relations on corporate social responsibility;
- Deciphering communication on sensitive topics (nanotechnologies, GMOs ...).
La contribution de cette UE au développement et à la maîtrise des compétences et acquis du (des) programme(s) est accessible à la fin de cette fiche, dans la partie « Programmes/formations proposant cette unité d’enseignement (UE) ».
The course aims to address the areas of crisis communication from an operational perspective, based on theory and examples. This will include: crisis communication, communication on risks, communication on controversial subjects, disinformation and social license to operate.
- Map risks based on occurrence and seriousness
- Map and organize stakeholder relations
- Organize monitoring and decrypt media attention
- Design a crisis or sensitive communication strategy for his/her organization
- Master crisis communication tools, including digital media
- Organize the operation of the crisis unit of his/her organization
- Be able to define and control his/her message in crisis situations, both in external communication and in internal communication.
The interventions will be given in English in sessions of 2 hours. Each course will be supported by slides that will integrate the main points discussed orally.
The first hour of each session will be devoted to theory. Many examples from real-life situations will support the explanation of the key concepts of crisis communication.
During the second hour of each session, group exercises will be organized. The objective of these exercises is to confront the students with realistic crisis communication situations.
des acquis des étudiants
Active participation: 20% of the total
Crisis exercise (4 hours): 40% of the total
- Groups of 5
Oral Exam: 40% of the total
- 3 theoretical questions