Aust-Gronarz Ina; Desmet Carlos; Swaen Valérie (supplée Aust-Gronarz Ina);
The course aims at providing tools enabling the students to elicit critical thinking on ethical, social and environmental issues raised by contemporary organizations. The specificity of the firms' impact on economic life will be addressed by analyzing the principles and practices covered by the field of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). CSR will be studied as a reflector of the modern firms' self-awareness process in terms of social responsibility and as a source of innovation in the face of today's challenges of competitiveness, sustainable development and transparent corporate governance. The theoretical references will moreover give way to more personal questioning periods developed by the students in terms of their own aspirations, perceptions and observations as citizens. All these elements foster personal change that in its turn conveys transformations within the chosen organizations.
A la fin de cette unité d’enseignement, l’étudiant est capable de :
- Macro-trends with respect to sustainability (Main social, environmental, ethical, governance issues, Sustainable Development Goals)
- Definitions and origins of the CSR concept
- Risk & Opportunity management
- Stakeholder management, dialogue & co-creation
- CSR and leadership
- Sustainable finance
- Sustainable cities
- Sustainable Supply Chain
- Smart cities
- Lectures completed by strongly recommended readings of academic literature
- Practical sessions for the group case study and 1 non mandatory coaching session
- Participation to the Sulitest
- Direct contacts with practitioners sharing their experiences.
- Case study analysis per group of students
des acquis des étudiants
des acquis des étudiants
- 40%: Individual written exam (in November). Materials include ex cathedra lectures, external conferences and readings. 1 point (over 20) is for the mandatory participation to both Sulitest*.
- 60%: Case study incl. the peer-reviewing (5%), the workshop presentation (15%) and final written report (40%).
The evaluation for second sessions will only include an exam (written or oral, depending on the number of students concerned), therefore counting for 100% of the final grade. Participation to the Sulitest is not taken into account in the exam.
See on Moodle
Faculté ou entité
Intitulé du programme
Certificat d'université en éthique économique et sociale
Master  en éthique
Master  : ingénieur de gestion
Master  en droit [Double parcours Droit-Gestion : pour les Bacheliers en Droit]
Master  : ingénieur de gestion [Programme CEMS]
Master  en sciences de la motricité, orientation éducation physique [réforme EDPH-MOTR]