1 basic marketing course
This course will tackle the new challenges that marketers have to meet in the new and changing digital landscape. This new digital landscape has a major impact on the way firms have to deploy their marketing strategies and structure their organization. The needs of consumers have changed and it is more difficult to satisfy them than before. Moreover, firms cannot communicate to consumers in a traditional way, they have to converse with them. They have to be in contact with the consumer wherever he is, on whatever support he uses and at any moment of the day.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Review the latest changes affecting the marketing strategy (situation analysis, segmentation and positioning)
- Understand how the marketing organization has to be adapted to take into account the new digital environment
- Review how to manage brands in this new environment taking into account traditional and digital marketing tools.
On successful completion of this program, each student will acquire the following skills :
- Knowledge and reasoning
- Project management
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Leadership and team work
The course will help students to :
- understand the latest development of strategic marketing in the new digital landscape,
- review how the marketing organization has to be adapted,
- develop a marketing plan using all the new tools to contact to reach the consumers.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Latest changes affecting the marketing strategy (situation analysis, segmentation and positioning)
- Adaptation of the marketing organization
- The management of brands in this new environment taking into account traditional and digital marketing tools
- The analysis of the effectiveness of new digital and traditional marketing tools
Lectures, case studies. Many conferences with marketers from the new digital world will be organized.
- Date: Will be specified later - Week 7
- Type of evaluation: Group work - Rapport
- Comments: No
- Oral: No
- Written: Yes (2h30)
- Unavailability or comments:
- Oral: No
- Written: No
- Unavailability or comments: No
DIGITAL MARKETING, CHAFFEY AND CHADWICK, 6th edition. Pearson
Syllabi available at the DUC
Additional references on the topic will be communicated later to the students