Level A2 of the "Common Framework of Reference for Langages"
The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
General topics related to social sciences and themes linked to the student's domains of study.
At the end of this teaching unit, the student will be able to :
UNDERSTAND (reading comprehension - listening comprehension)
- written or spoken and recorded texts related to social science in general or topics related to his field of study.
> Level B2
- to keep with some ease a conversation or discussion (with or without interaction) with a native speaker on a general topic or a topic related to the student's field of specialization
> Level B1
- a written production of a short report in which the student expresses his point of view
> Level B1
- the student has a knowledge of Dutch and Flemish cultural aspects and is able to use the appropriate strategies to establish contacts with native speakers
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
This Teaching Unit aims at
- developing the student's receptive skills by the input of written and spoken texts ;
- developing the student's ability to express his point of view and speak about a chosen subject in public ;
- developing the student's writing skills by the redaction of formal letters and summaries of films ;
- broadening the student's knowledge and view of the Dutch culture by the organization of two excursions to Flanders
The Teaching Unit consists of classroom activities as well as a-learning activities.
The more general vocabulary and the field-related vocabulary will be presented in written as well as audio texts used to exercise the reading and listening comprehension techniques .
The vocabulary and the typical structures of the Dutch language will be revised, extended and tested by means of self-tuition in a Reading Portfolio and on the Moodle e-learning Platform. Some techniques of communication will be exercised by means of written and oral production exercise (role plays, presentations)
- Continuous assessment in quadrimester I and II : 10 %
- Written test at the end of each quadrimester : code, reading and listening comprehension, writing : 60 %
- oral exam : at the end of quadrimester II : 15 %
- Oral presentation at the end of quadrimester II : 15 %
- Training staff : classes in group of 20-25 students
- The teacher is available during his office hours and can be contacted by email
- Workload : 60h classroom hours - 30 self-tuition hours
- Course material : syllabus LNEER1810
- Reading Portfolio with vocabulary lists and reading comprehension exercises
- Moodle e-learning Platform