The internship provides students of architecture the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the activities and procedures involved in the process of building. As well as with professional practice. While linked to the teaching at the Faculty, the internship takes place in time at a very different rhythm to that of organised teaching and thus enables theoretical knowledge to be applied in a professional framework.
The Master's degree internship takes place in an office, in a structure dealing with the built environment. It is compulsory to have the on-site presence of an architect or and architectural engineerwho will supervise the student's training. At the end of the internship, the architect writes a report on what the student has done, accompanied by various formal documents to guarantee its validity.
Specific learning outcomes:
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- work in an office to observe and understand the role of players involved in building.
- develop a considered and thoughtful approach to both theoretical knowledge and professional practice.
- become actively involved in the work of an architectural studio and to be aware of their responsibilities.
- recreate their experience in the field clearly and precisely through a report written in the suggested format.
Contribution to the learning outcomes reference network:
Make use of other subjects
- Seek out other approaches, exchanges of views and ways of enhancing thinking about architecture
- Make strategic use of other subjects to put into question the design and implementation of an architectural project
Use the technical dimension
- Observe and assess the main construction principles that give architecture a formal, material and temporal dimension
Adopt a professional attitude
- Organise, plan, develop and bring together the different strands of individual or collective work
- Test and observe the framework of professional practice and to architectural knowledge through independent involvement
Make committed choices
- Activate and develop an ethical sense through approaches to architecture
- Develop awareness of the political meaning of the work of an architect and his/her responsibility towards society
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.