Beginner's course with no pre-requisites
Communication, lexical and grammatical skills material relating to reference level A1 and part of level A2.
- they will be able to understand and use everyday expressions which occur with high levels of frequency as well as simple phrases used to satisfy immediate needs;
- they will be able to introduce themselves and other people, request and provide basic personal information about where they live, what they do and the people they know;
- they will be able to communicate in a basic fashion provided that the person they are conversing with speaks slowly and clearly and is happy to cooperate;
- They will be able to describe real past occurrences and general experiences.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
In general, the aims of course are that students acquire a basic competence in Spanish vocabulary, grammar and interactive skills. At the end of the term, students have to able to follow easy and short conversation on familiar topics and to participate in interactions on these topics (e.g. transaction in a shop, present themselves, describe person')
As to grammatical contents, the aims of this course are that students
(a) know (among others) indicative tenses morphology and become acquainted with tense use,
(b) know the forms and uses of personal, demonstrative, indefinite and interrogative pronouns,
(c) know the agreement in gender and number, as well as numerals,
(d) can use locative prepositions.
This course consists of two parts:
- 22,5h of lectures, where the main aim is the acquisition of knowledge concerning lexicon, grammar, ' by means of an inductive approach based on short written and spoken documents.
- 22,5h of practice : exercises in small groups, focussing on the linguistic competences of the students
After each class, the students are required to make exercises in the Gramática básica del estudiante and Gram@clicando. They will receive feedback about these exercises during the practice sessions.
The home reading of the book Lola Lago Detective will be followed by exercises during the practice sessions.
- written partial exam during the term (the date will be announced on i-campus). (2/20)
- written exam during the exam session (14/20)
- oral exam in pairs during the exam session (4/20)
During the second and third session, the points of the partial exam are no longer valid. As a result, the second and third session evaluations are based only on the written (16/20) and oral exam (4/20) during the exam session.
- Soriano Escolar C. et al. Aula Internacional 1. Libro del alumno + CD ROM. Barcelona: Difusión.
- Soriano Escolar C. et al. Aula internacional 2. Libro del alumno + CD ROM. Barcelona: Difusión.
- Alonso Raya R. et al. Gramática básica del estudiante de español. Barcelona: Difusión.
-Miquel, Lourdes et Sans, Neus. Lola Lago Detective. Lejos de casa. Libro + CD. Barcelona : Difusión.
-présentations des cours sur Moodle
-la plateforme Gram@clicando http://www.sflt.ucl.ac.be/gra/default.htm