- Organization of operating systems
- Management of devices by the operating system
- Management of storage devices by the operating system
- Evaluation and improvement of performance of computer systems
- INFO6.1, INFO6.3
- SINF6.1, SINF6.3
- 1SINF1.M1 1SINF1.M2
- 1SINF6.1, 1SINF6.3
- compare different implementations for operating systems and highlight the advantages and disadvantages of these achievements
- explain the interactions between the operating system and the hardware (storage, network, virtualization)
- evaluate the performance of a computer system
- identify factors that limit the performance of a computer system
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Evaluation methods: - Project (40% of the final mark) - Final exam (60% of the final mark) The project work is mandatory and cannot be repeated for the second examination session.
The report will be evaluated only once and can not be represented in the second session.
- basic computer architecture and operating systems concepts (LSINF1252)
- computer networks organisation and protocols LINGI1341