The objective of this seminar is to enable students to gain a clearer view of their future professional career. To achieve this, professionals will present industrial applications related to new technology, share experiences, present difficulties and discuss their choices.
The technical themes will vary from year to year.
Given the learning outcomes of the "Master in Computer Science and Engineering" program, this course contributes to the development, acquisition and evaluation of the following learning outcomes:
Given the learning outcomes of the "Master  in Computer Science" program, this course contributes to the development, acquisition and evaluation of the following learning outcomes:
Student completing successfully this course will be able to
- explain the challenges and difficulties of implementing IT projects in the professional world;
- argue about the differences between the academic and industrial visions of computing;
- list different types of careers in the IT world;
- position themselves in relation to the professional IT world;
- make choices to manage his future career.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.