Maréchal Brigitte ;
Vuillemenot Anne-Marie ;
Vuillemenot Anne-Marie (compensates Maréchal Brigitte) ;
The class has three main lines:
- To go off to explore the place by the method of participative observation
- Critic analyze of data collected during observation
- Meeting and discussions with specialists in an interactive pedagogical perspective
- Initiation to socio-anthropological approach of a place out of the university
- To purchase the critical look of the discipline by development of capacities of observation and of analyze in situ
- Meeting with professionals
- Learning to work as a team
- To build social links between students
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and
command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be
accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled
“Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
The class is organized as a residential seminar two days long and the place changes every two years
A collection of readings is elaborated according to the subject treated.
The seminar consists of tours (The Royal Museum of central Africa in Tervuren, the Grand Hornu
), some presentations of specialists and exercises of observation and analyze.
Activity ends by confronting students' presentations and specialist's speeches.
Assessment: attendance, participation, presentations and team working
Support : collection of readings