The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
The participants in this course will acquire knowledge and skill in three areas: - statistical analysis of real life data (from problem method), - communication (discussion with clients, oral and written presentation of results), - aspects of professionalism and ethical conduct (planning, cost, good practice) To accomplish these objectives, the participants will work on two real life consulting projects and their evaluation provides the main part of their grade.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- structuring projects with statistical content
- exploratory data analysis using effective visualizations
- challenges in statistical practice (missing values, outliers, transformations)
- communication with clients (meetings, presentations, reporting)
- professionalism (organization, planning, documenting, data privacy, intellectual property)
The center of the course consists of two real life case studies from different subject areas including medecine, psychology, industry, agriculture, management, and marketing.
Two real projects
Reading of articles and sharing with the group
Exercises in data visualization, presentation and report writing