Michoux Nicolas (coordinator) ;
Vande Berg Bruno ;
Coche Emmanuel ;
Lhommel Renaud ;
Jamar François ;
In this annual course, the technology and the use of the diverse imaging methods are discussed. Films, videos and numerical slides presentations are used, and medical equipments are presented.
To offer to students in radiology the specialized knowledge about the methods of medical imaging. The technology and the cost-effectiveness of each radiological method will be underscored.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and
command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be
accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled
“Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Technology and practical use of conventional Xrays (including numeric radiology), sonography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and nuclear medicine (including positron emission tomography).
- Characteristics of contrast agents
- Accidents related to radiological procedures
- Quality control in medical imaging
- Information technology
- Relations with patients and staff
Courses can be dowloaded at : http://uclimaging.be/ecampus/option_01.htm
Physicists : critical analysis of a scientific paper + MCQ test
Physicians : MCQ test
Examination consisting in multiple choice questions
Guide des technologies de l'imagerie médicale et de la Radiothérapie (Ed. Masson, JP Dillenseger, E. Moerschel)