This teaching unit is the continuation of the teaching unit LALLE1212 and as such supposes that the student has attained the level B1- of the "Common European Framework of Reference for Languages".
The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
The topics that will be treated in the classroom are related to the field of study of the students.
At the end of this teaching unit the student will be able to use German in his professional future and to communicate in German in a formal and informal way at a final level of B2- of the "Common European Framework of Reference for Languages".
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
The course is mainly based on interactive communication. The in-class activities are aimed at developing the capacity to use German in the context of the future professional life of the student, but also to communicate in everyday situations.
The student will also realize written exercises that must be sent to the teacher for correction and commentary.
- Interaction integrating every day vocabulary.
- When necessary (frequent mistakes or on demand), rapid explanation of the grammar items that raise problems.
- Writing of summaries of scientific texts to be sent to teacher for correction.
- Presentation of subject of interest and interaction on that subject with fellow students.
- Writing of resumé and motivation letter in response to specific job advertisement to be sent for correction to teacher.
- Continuous assessment based on papers (portfolio 12.5%), oral presentations and participation in the classroom 20% = 35 %. (all details and plan are in course notes)
- Oral exam based on the contents of the syllabus and a direct and spontaneous interactivity with the teacher about the portfolio = 40 %.
- The student will also have to take a simulation of standardized external exam, written and oral part, 25%
- Augustsession: there will be no mark for continuous assessment. Oral examen 40% (portfolio), simulation Testdaf (25%) and presentation 30 minutes 35%.
- In-classroom lessons in groups of 15-20 students.
- The teacher is available during his/her office-hour(s) and can be contacted by e-mail.
- Syllabus du cours : LALLE1315;
- Vocabulaire allemand, Harraps 2012.