The studied themes are connected with Earth Sciences, current environmental issues and general scientific topics.
At the end of the course, students should have developed the following skills:
Reading and understanding of authentic scientific texts about bioengineering.
B1-B2 level of the « Common European Framework of References for Languages »
Listening and understanding of general and scientific television programmes.
B1 level of the « Common European Framework of References for Languages »
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Reading comprehension: Articles from the New Scientist, Scientific American etc. as well as extracts from the textbook "Understanding Earth".
- Listening comprehension : BBC science programmes
- Home-reading of the documents which will be covered in class in order to develop reading strategies.
- In class, checking of the student's reading strategies as well as analysis and comments.
- Discourse cohesion, recurrent grammatical structures and additional lexical and grammatical difficulties
- Listening comprehension : various language laboratory exercises to ensure a thorough understanding to the message and individual coaching in lanagueg laboratory.
- Exemption test :10/20 exempts the students from both
- Written exam on reading and listening skills in week 14 (of the first quadrimester)
- Continuous assessment: test during the course of the term and Moodle exercises.
- Syllabus LANGL1881
- Plateforme e-learning Moodle