LBIR1150 and LBIO1112
The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
Anatomy and physiology of digestion
Anatomy and physiology of reproduction
Physiology of lactation
At the end of this activity, the student :
- knows and understands the different steps of mechanical and chemical digestion, regulations associated to the digestive process, as well as absorption in different animal species;
- is able to compare the functioning of the digestive system of omnivores, carnivores and herbivores (mono- and polygastrics);
- is able to describe the role, the mode of action and the regulation of the main hormones;
- is able to describe the oestral cycle and its regulation;
- is able to compare the characteristics of the reproduction of the main rent animals;
- knows and understands the anatomy and the development of the mammary gland as well as the control of lactation;
- is able to connect the different concepts seen during the course in order to address clearly and precisely cross-cutting issues related to animal physiology.
Contribution of the activity to the referential (LO)
B1.3, B1.5, B3.2, B3.6, B3.7, B4.2, B6.2, B6.3, B8.1, B8.2, B8.5
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.