1 ECTS: Seminars given by professionals from the soil and water sector. Both experts from the public and private sector present seminars.
1 ECTS: Seminars given by students on a subject related to soil and water management, encompassing the environmental, economic , social and legal aspects of soil and/or water management. Suggested topics : European legislation on integrated water management. Integrated water management in Europe and in developing countries . Framework directives on water and soil protection . Managing multi-purpose dams. Water and public health in the tropics. Etc ...
a. Contribution de l'activité au référentiel AA (AA du programme)
M1.4 ; M2.2 ; M2.4 ; M2.5 ; M5.1 ; M5.3 ; M6.1 ; M6.2 ; M6.3 ; M6.4 ; M6.5 ; M6.6 ; M6.7 ; M6.8 ; M8.3 ; M8.6
b. Formulation spécifique pour cette activité des AA du programme
After the seminars (2 ECTS) , the student :
- will have been confronted with the complexity of soil and water resources management and engineering, through seminars given by professionals of the sector;
- will have raised awareness of the environmental, legal, economic and sociological aspects of soil and water resources management programs, both in temperate and tropical regions
- will have raised awareness of the functioning of enterprises and organizations working in the soil and water sector ;
- is able to perform a SWOT analysis in relation to a project;
- will have increased his skills in communicating project results; and
- will have strengthened his capability for doing teamwork.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
During the first 7 weeks, external professionals present seminars during 2 hours. During the last 7 weeks of the semester, students present topical seminars. Topical seminars are presented in groups of 2 to 4 persons.
Presentations by professionals: A specific soil and/or water engineering or management problem is presented by the professional expert.
Presentations by students in student group: A specific soil and/or water engineering or management problem is presented, based on a literature review.
- Professional seminar. SWOT sheet: For each expert seminar, the student makes a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats presented by the subject expert) of the seminar. The analysis is written in a report of 2 to 3 pages per seminar.
- Student Seminar. Multi-criteria evaluation. Scientific, technical and formal quality of the presentation, quality of responses
This course can be given in English.
A vademecum of the course, describing the details of the program, is available on Moodle.
- For theseminar, a copy of the slides is available on iCampus.