Courses specific to the option in Information Management.
The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
Through a series of seminars and visits introducing in detail the concrete problems and solutions in the field of information management, students will be exposed to a variety of methodological, organizational and technical approaches. Depending on their orientation, students will deepen a particular issue and present a critical analysis based on conceptual, organizational and technical matters. Particular attention will be paid to the analysis of issues related to information reliability, security, confidentiality and ownership. This module highlights the technical solutions put in place to manage various sources of information and introduces the students to the issues associated with them at the institutional and societal level. In some cases, the review of solutions will also include a cost-benefit analysis and a review of the the strategy put in place to implement and integrate the information system in the decision-making process.
a. Contribution de l'activité au référentiel AA (AA du programme)
b. Formulation spécifique pour cette activité des AA du programme
At the end of the course LBRTI2202, the student will be able to:
· Link advanced technical courses in information management with real situations related to their implementation;
· Manage the entire process of solving a real engineering problem in information management;
· Understand how companies manage information and how they handle a stream of information from the input to the output;
· Critically evaluate the solutions implemented by companies or institutions to manage information and determine their impact in relation to an economic and environmental context;
· Identify new knowledge and skills required in order to understand issues specific to the management of information in a professional context.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
This course consists solely of visits to companies and institutions, as well as seminars by outside speakers.
Teaching is in the form of seminars given by external speakers and visits of companies or institutions active in the field of information analysis and management.
Report produced by the group of students
This course can be given in English.
All presentations and documents related to visits will be made ''available on Moodle.