Although we do not yet know how long the social distancing related to the Covid-19 pandemic will last, and regardless of the changes that had to be made in the evaluation of the June 2020 session in relation to what is provided for in this learning unit description, new learnig unit evaluation methods may still be adopted by the teachers; details of these methods have been - or will be - communicated to the students by the teachers, as soon as possible.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Understanding the basics of general chemistry, structure and properties of matter, chemical reactions and importance of chemistry in many areas.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- There is a written exam counting for 15 points. These are basically the exercises applied to the theoretical course. These exercises are of the same style as those made in exercise sessions during the year.
- The mid-term examination allows you to get an additional (bonus) point to the final exam.
2. Principes de chimie, Atkins, Jones, Laverman, de Boeck, 4eme édition, 2017.
- Slides présentés au cours (disponible en ligne sur moodle)
- Manuel de laboratoire et fascicule d'exercices (disponible en ligne sur moodle)
- Fascicule d'exercices (disponible en ligne sur moodle)
- Principes de chimie, une approche moléculaire, Nivaldo Tro, une adaptation de Eveline Clair, Julie Vézina, Pearson Education, 2015 (ISBN 978-2-7613-7248-0)