Although we do not yet know how long the social distancing related to the Covid-19 pandemic will last, and regardless of the changes that had to be made in the evaluation of the June 2020 session in relation to what is provided for in this learning unit description, new learnig unit evaluation methods may still be adopted by the teachers; details of these methods have been - or will be - communicated to the students by the teachers, as soon as possible.
In this course, we will present different types of sensors used for the transduction of several physical values, e.g., occupancy, mechanical, acoustic, optical, bio/chemical, ' and the associated electronic circuits for signal conditioning and data transmission. We will highlight the figures of merit of the instrumentation chain and all sources of errrors along it
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
With respect to the AA referring system defined for the Master in Electrical Engineering, the course contributes to the develoopment, mastery and assessment of the following skills :
After this course, the student will be able to :
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Sensor definition, classification and characterisation
- Noise, non idealities and calibration in sensor systems
- Principles of transduction ruling the conversion from primary physical signals to electrical signals.
- Analog signal conditioning (sensor interface, instrumentation amplifier, filters, instrumentation bridges).
- Principles and techniques of sensor data acquisition
- Digital signal processing (denoising) and data processing (feature extraction, event detection, classification) in sensor systems.
- Some frequent applications in the industrial field will be considered: measure of displacement, speed, force, acceleration, pressure, temperature, light, acoustic.
- Group assignements on a project during the semester.
- Individual written exam.
- Transparents des cours, chapitres du livre de référence, disponibles en ligne