The following themes in the field of corporate finance will be addressed:
- Introduction to finance and presentation of the financial system;
- Decision making under uncertainty;
- Analysis and evaluation of investment projects;
- Analysis and evaluation of basic financial assets;
- The financing structure
- 1 This course aims at providing the students with the core elements of the financial analysis. By completing the course successfully, the student will be able to place the financial decision problems of a company in a theoretical framework, and to develop a coherent reasoning in order to understand and solve those problems rationally (asset valuation, financial structure, etc).
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and
command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be
accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled
“Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Content: After introducing the basic financial concepts and decision making under uncertainty, the course will deal with the main financial decisions that a company has to face (financing decision, investment decision, dividend policy, etc.).
Methods: Lectures and practical sessions where the students will be given the opportunity to solve case studies and exercises.
Evaluation : Class participation and written examination, in French or English Support : Slides provided through icampus References : Provided during the class