This teaching unit will address different themes, such as:
· The contemporary history and political systems of the countries studied,
· Specific aspects of Dutch of interest to a translator or interpreter working into French;
· Implicit cultural, historical or political references present in a text to be translated,
· The historical connexions between translation and culture,
Writing and speaking skills in Dutch from a transversal perspective.
See Main themes
The course is based on concrete examples borrowed from Dutch and Flemish culture and society. Students are invited to read articles and to take an active part in the course. Course attendance is mandatory.
- Written exam in June.
- Two oral presentations (accounting respectively for 12.5 % and 25 % of the final grade)