Students must have followed LROM 2221 Questions d'histoire de la littérature médiévale (M. Cavagna and C. Storms).
A good knowledge of the basics of Old and Middle French
This seminar provides students with foundations in methodology. It will provide in depth study of a precise topic using a corpus of relevant texts.
Introduction to research methodology and preparation to the MA thesis.
Students must be able:
- to use bibliographical resources and documentation;
- to give evidence of adopting a multidisciplinary point of view;
- to write a research question;
- to analyse in depth French medieval texts;
- to show critical attitude vis a vis text editions and textual variants;
to write an academic text.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
In 2016-17, the seminar will focus on « Literature and politics » in the Middle Ages.
Working sessions and discussion. Preparation is needed .
Oral presentation and final paper.
Students preparing a dissertation in the field of medieval French are strongly encouraged to follow the seminar.
Posted on i-campus