This biannual course is taught on years 2015-2016, 2017-2018, ....
Notions of hermeneutical tools for literary analysis. B2 level in Spanish.
This course will offer a discussion about the concept of "barroco" through a survey of major historiographical works, the analysis of several representative works of the XVII c. (Quevedo, Góngora, Calderón de la Barca) and of contemporary literature (Sarduy, Carpentier). This course also includes references to artistic productions.
Students will be expected to show their ability to relate texts that illustrate one literary current -el barroco- to the historical and literary contexts explored in the course. They will have to produce an analysis that demonstrates their familiarity with the issues raised by the course, and with the poetics through which those issues are expressed.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
The course focuses on a collection of readings on both theoretical considerations as well as certain literary texts. Students should obtain their own copies of Calderón and Cervantes.
The course alternates presentations of literary currents (barroco / neobarroco) with analysis of literary texts.
Support : Course notes and folder of reading material
- Syllabus with articles and literary texts
- Aullón de Haro,P. (ed.), Barroco, Madrid, Verbum, 2004.
- Parkinson Zamora, Lois, The Inordinate Eye. New World Baroque and Latin American Fiction, Chicago-London, The University of Chicago Press, 2006, pp. 285-302, 368-372.
- Carilla, Emilio,Manierismo y barroco en las literaturas hispánicas, Madrid: Gredos , 1983. [FL-20 Y151 332]
- Deleuze, Gilles, Le pli : Leibniz et le baroque, Ed. de Minuit, Paris : 1988, [ISP 1925 D23]
- Díaz-Plaja, Guillermo, El espíritu del Barroco,B arcelona: Crítica 1983. [FL-20 B2 DIA]
- Hatzfeld, Helmut A., Estudios sobre el Barroco, Madrid: Gredos , 1973. [FL-20 Y151 073]
- Maravall, José Antonio, La cultura del Barroco : análisis de una estructura histórica, Barcelona, Ariel, 1983.
- Souiller, Didier, Calderón et le grand théâtre du monde, Paris, PUF, 1992.