This biannual course is taught on years 2015-2016, 2017-2018, ....
C1 level in French (Common European Framework of Reference)
The following topics will be covered:'
- the impact of linguistic and cultural factors on academic success;'
- special linguistic and cultural characteristics of immigrant pupils, in relation to learning spoken and written French, and more generally, to French as a language of tuition;'
- treatment of linguistic and cultural diversity at various levels of educational institutions.
At the end of the course, the students will be able :
- to analyse the linguistic and cultural situation of young immigrants and understand the most current errors made by these pupils in the light of their language/culture of origin;
- to consider possible transfers of tools of French as a foreign or second language (FLES);
- to devise teaching methods for teaching in a multicultural context.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
During the course, the following will be presented, in a critical way and with the aim of helping students to devise personal teaching methods:
- the results of various research studies relating to the special linguistic and cultural characteristics of immigrant pupils ;
- measures designed to take account of linguistic and cultural diversity in teaching ;
- the institutional policies in force in the French Community.
Assessment : a written assignment and an oral examination.
La liste bibliographique est disponible sur le site UCLine du cours