Although we do not yet know how long the social distancing related to the Covid-19 pandemic will last, and regardless of the changes that had to be made in the evaluation of the June 2020 session in relation to what is provided for in this learning unit description, new learnig unit evaluation methods may still be adopted by the teachers; details of these methods have been - or will be - communicated to the students by the teachers, as soon as possible.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the students will be able
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- theoretical sessions during which we propose a reflection on the major trends in the history of the teaching ELE, the common frame of reference, and the available textbooks.
- exercise sessions, during which students work on the structure and content of a teaching unit type.
- support sessions concerning their oral expression and interaction skills in the classroom.
- 15%: present the SIELE S3 exam (listening comprehension, and oral expression and interaction). When the student obtains the C1 level for this exam, he/she obtains the maximum score for this part of the evaluation. When the student obtains the B2 level for one of the components of the exam, he/she obtains 8/20 for this part of the evaluation. When the student obtains the B1 level or a lower level for one of the components of this exam, he/she obtains 0/20 for the part of the evaluation that corresponds to the 15% represented by the SIELE exam and fails the course as a whole. For the August resit session, an exam that is equivalent to SIELE S3 will be proposed to the students.
- 15%: 1,5h practical teaching exercise prepared in teams of 2 or 3 students
- 70%: written paper concerning the practice of teaching
Not presenting one of the parts of the evaluation implies a 0 score for the course as a whole. For the August session, only the parts for which the student did not obtain a pass grade, will have to be presented again.