Water resources issues in tropical areas
- The state of the world's water resources
- Current and future supply and demand
- Pressures on water resources
- Paradigms of water management
Basic notions of hydrology
- System approach to study watersheds. Hydrological balance (local / regional)
- Characterization of basins and functional behavior
- Typology of hydrological models
- Modeling steps (identification / calibration / treatment of sensitivities and uncertainties)
Hydrology and remote sensing
- Notions of remote sensing
- Principles of remote sensing to characterize hydrological processes at the regional scale (land use, thermal balance and evapotranspiration, gravimetry, precipitation, soil moisture)
Hydrological study of a reference basin
- Construction of a hydrological database from generic data.
- Modeling of hydrological flows with HEC-HMS.
- Modeling management strategies in WEAP.
- Theoretical course: lectures in class room.
- Exercise part: Exercise in computer room.
- Students receive 3 assignments and submit 3 reports of max. 2 pages on the student drop space on MOODLE.
- A written exam with oral defense is organized during the exam session.
- Course slights are available on Moodle.
- An exercise manual is available on Moodle.
- The generic data for the exercice is available in the computer class room.