Although we do not yet know how long the social distancing related to the Covid-19 pandemic will last, and regardless of the changes that had to be made in the evaluation of the June 2020 session in relation to what is provided for in this learning unit description, new learnig unit evaluation methods may still be adopted by the teachers; details of these methods have been - or will be - communicated to the students by the teachers, as soon as possible.
This biannual learning unit is being organized in 2019-2020
- the impact of linguistic and cultural factors on academic success;'
- special linguistic and cultural characteristics of immigrant pupils, in relation to learning spoken and written French, and more generally, to French as a language of tuition;'
- treatment of linguistic and cultural diversity at various levels of educational institutions.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course, the students will be able :
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- the results of various research studies relating to the special linguistic and cultural characteristics of immigrant pupils ;
- measures designed to take account of linguistic and cultural diversity in teaching ;
- the institutional policies in force in the French Community.