At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course students are expected to have reached a B1 lower level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in the 3 following skills:
At the end of the course students are expected to have reached a B1 lower level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in the 3 following skills: reading, listening, speaking.
Good students are exempted on the basis of the results of a compulsory placement test in week 1, followed by an exemption test taking place in week 2.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The pedagogical method is mainly based on authentic documents and videos. Basic vocabulary and structures are practised and consolidated through written and oral exercises.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Assessment BAC 1 students are tested in the following way :
- Placement test and Exemption test: All students must take a placement test during the first week of the academic year. On the basis of the results, top-ranked students will be invited to take an exemption test in the second week of the academic year. This exemption test is the same level as the exam. On the basis of the results, students can be exempted from the course and the final exam.
- Midterm oral test: Around midterm, students who were not exempted must take an oral test.
- End term written test: Students are tested on the videos, texts and all the grammar material included in the programme as well as on the vocabulary book "English Vocabulary in Use" (pre-intermediate to intermediate) by Stuart Redman, Fourth Edition.
- Continuous assessment evaluates daily work of students following the course.
- Optional remedial workshop (ENGLISH +) for weaker students (1h./week).
- Teacher available at least one hour a week during office hours.
- Syllabus d'anglais ESPO 11 - LANGL1330 Niveau Moyen – 1° partie
- "English Vocabulary in Use" (pre-intermediate to intermediate) de Stuart Redman, Fourth Edition
- "English Grammar in Use" by Raymond Murphy, Cambridge University Press, Fourth Edition
- A partir de MoodleUCLouvain : le cours LANGL1330 English for ESPO 11 students