At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Build a corpus of language data (oral or written) for a particular purpose of linguistic research;
Handle several computer softwares specialized in corpus analysis;
Make a quantitative study on a corpus;
Make a qualitative study on a corpus.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
(1) To be able to lead, completely and autonomously, a linguistic study on corpora;
(2)To acquire a general knowledge on linguistic corpora (in French, but not only), tools and method.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES :
(1) To design a corpus with the aim of a specific research question;
(2) To collect oral and written data + metadata;
(3) To "edit" the data (transcription, cleaning, formatting, encoding, etc.);
(4) To tag the data (at the several levels of linguistic analysis) with the help of proper software;
(5) To formulate research questions / hypothesis;
(6) To choose a methodology of analysis;
(7)To exploit / analyse a corpus according to a chosen methology (qualitative or quantitative);
(8) To present the results of a research.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.30 hours of lectures + 10 hours of practical works (dedicated to the realisation of a personal research based on the methodology explained in the lectures).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Examination: individual work to be presented in the final courses (+ written report on work); oral examination (on course content and work methodology).
- L'ensemble des supports sont disponibles sur Moodle.