LGCIV1032-Concrete structures + very good knowledge in structural materials, such as given in course LGCIV1031.
See part "Content" hereunder
AA1.1, AA1.2, AA1.3, AA2.1, AA2.2, AA2.3,AA3.1.
At the end of this course, the student must be able to:
- Design the main lines of the building's structure;
- Design the main lines of the building's finishing.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
This construction technology course provides the basics of building design and techniques, particularly the aspects related to:
- FIRE regulations (main aspects of the Royal Decree);
- The general principles of air conditioning and heating, their impact on the design of the building's structure and architecture, the general rules of design and dimensioning;
- The principles related to the problem of overheating and sunshine, as well as constructive techniques and devices to remedy it;
- The finishing, facades and roofs (general principles, types, commercial products, usual materials);
- The principles of thermal and acoustic insulation;
- Other factors that may influence the design of a building such as: PMR access rules, subdivision rules, surface ratios required for sanitary and technical installations.
To these considerations will be associated courses related to the techniques of design and construction of structures ( made out of reinforced concrete and steel) not integrated in other courses (expansion joints, bracing, prefabrication, etc.).
Lectures and tutorials
Variable from year to year: details provided during the course
Available on Moodle
- Allen, Gerald, Dimensions : space, shape & scale, New York (N.Y.) : Architectural record books, 1976
- Engel, Heino , Tragsysteme = Structure Systems, Ostfildern-Ruit : Gerd Hatje, plusieurs éditions disponibles
- Neufert, Ernst, Eléments des projets de construction : principes fondamentaux, normes et règles concernant la conception, l'exécution, la forme, (plusieurs éditions disponibles)
- Course LICAR 1821/2822 Edification soutenable I et II