At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
After taking this course, students will be able to :
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Students take part (possibly over a single semester) to various research activities in applied mathematics organized at UCL, namely the following (reading) seminars:
- Systems and Control seminar
- Operations Research seminar
- Big Data seminar
Depending upon opportunities and the number of registered students, inviting one industrial partner to give a seminar, or the visit of a company may be organised.
The type and number of activities will be determined at the beginning of the academic year by the students according to their scientific interests, in agreement with the coordinator, so that the total amount of work corresponds to 5 ECTS.
In the context of health measures related to Covid-19, some seminars could be organized on a distance (or hybrid) basis, according to the terms and schedule displayed on the moodle page of the course.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Student performance will be assessed on the basis of
- Attendance to the seminars, reading groups, and/or invitation of industrial researcher for a seminar, and/or visits of companies
- Writing of summaries for the activities
- Preparation of oral communications and/or written reports related to the topics presented during the activities
The type and number of activities will be determined in agreement with the coordinator at the beginning of the year.
- their active participation in seminars, reading workshops, and / or invitation of industrialists for a seminar; knowing that these seminars will be organized remotely if the health situation requires it;
- writing summaries of activities in which they have participated;
- the presentation of presentations and / or the writing of reports relating to one of the themes presented during the activities; knowing that any presentation will be provided remotely if the health situation requires it.