The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
We will also discuss how to write a bibliography and how to reference a text. We will elaborate on what is plagiarism and what is not. Finally, a software for automated bibliography generation will be introduced.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Learning outcomes of this TU
At the end of this teaching unit, the student will be able:
- To precisely select keywords and terms to perform the bibliographic search needed for a homework or a scientific report.
- To perform an efficient and inclusive bibliographic search using medical terms, scientific terms, author names, drug names or chemical structures using various complementary tools.
- To distinguish between different types of articles.
- To determine how many times a specific article has been cited.
- To reference a text appropriately and to write a state-of-the-art bibliography.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled ¿Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit¿.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.