- Main forms of use of plants or plant extracts
- Study of plants used in pharmacy as such, in the form of extracts, for the extraction of active or toxic ingredients, their properties, active ingredients, uses and precautions for use
- Interactions, maximum doses of toxic plants and contraindications
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course students must
- be able to differentiate between herbal medicines and herbal food supplements
- be familiar with the main forms of use of herbal medicines and the main possible interactions
- know the main raw materials and active molecules of natural origin in order to give sound advice and correct information to patients
- apply analytical techniques to determine the quality of naturally occurring drugs.
The course also explains
- uses of natural medicines, possible interferences, side effects and contraindications
By the end of this course, students should be able to refresh their knowledge and use literature critically.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
-Difference between medicines and food supplement
-pharmaceutical forms of herbal medicines
- Plant-drug interactions
Practical part: identification of plants as teas and microscopically
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.ex-cathedra courses and personal (or group) work of students
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Evaluation : The test of theoretical knowledge will be carried out by a written examination. The students will have to integrate the different aspects of the subject (pluridisciplinarity). The exam will appeal not only to memory, but also to reflection, logic and critical thinking. The work (personal or group) will also be requested and evaluated. A practical examination will be organized after the practical work
- plan du cours sur moodle
- dias sur moodle