At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course students are expected to have reached a B1 lower level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in the 3 following skills:
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
At the end of the course students are expected to have reached a B1 lower level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in the 3 following skills: reading, listening, speaking.
Good students are exempted on the basis of the results of a compulsory exemption test taking place at the beginning of the year.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change until September 13.The pedagogical method is mainly based on authentic texts and videos. Learning basic vocabulary and structures is supported by vocabulary exercises.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change until September 13.Assessment BAC 1 students are tested in the following way :
- Compulsory Exemption test: during the first week of the academic year, all students MUST take this exemption test. This test is the same level as the exam. On the basis of the results, students can be exempted from the course and the final exam.
- Mid-term test: In the middle of the term, students who are not exempted from taking the exams, MUST take a vocabulary test based on the self-tuition vocabulary book. Students must also take an oral test based on the MOODLE audio files.
- End term written test: students are tested on the videos and texts seen in class and all the grammar included in the programme.
- Continuous assessment evaluates daily work of students following the course.
- Optional remedial workshop (ENGLISH +) for weaker students (1h./week).
- Teacher available at least one hour a week during office hours.
- Syllabus d'anglais ESPO 11 - LANGL 1330 Niveau Moyen – 1° partie (disponible à l'ILV): Obligatoire
- "English Vocabulary in Use" (pre-intermediate to intermediate) de Stuart Redman: Obligatoire
- "English Grammar in Use" by Raymond Murphy, Cambridge University Press, Fourth Edition: Optionnel
- A partir du portail UCL :sur Moodle UCL : le cours LANGL 1330 English for ESPO 11 students: Obligatoire