Course activities cover the following:
- More challenging pronunciation with correct tones
- Construction of sentences (orally and in writing)
- Basic vocabulary exercises
- Reading learnt texts aloud
- Reading short unseen texts
- Question/answer exercises
- Writing simple texts
- Learning a new series of classifiers
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
|By the end of the course, the student should have acquired:
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Audiovisual method
Each lesson comprises a mini-scenario presenting the theme of the lesson
Each lesson also develops one or more grammar points, the various grammatical objects, complex concepts of tense, classifiers, comparison etc
Each 4-hour lesson is made up as follows: 40% oral, 60% written work.
In additional, there is homework.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.
- General revision at the end of the year.
- Q1 test (partial written exam) represents 2 points of the final mark.
- Final exam:
7 points (oral),
11 points (written)
Exceptional case: if the student can not take the Q1 test, with a valid justification, the written part will correspond to 11 points of the final mark.
- Continuous assessment : 2 points of the final mark.
- Learners have to obtain 10/20 to be admitted to the elementary level II
- The teacher can be consulted during her office hours during the whole academic year.
- Non-UCL students who take the end-of-year exam may ask for an ILV certificate.
- A1+ Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Le cours du niveau élémentaire II est également accompagné de 4 CD d'exercices reprenant l'ensemble de la matière.