The prerequisite(s) for this Teaching Unit (Unité d’enseignement – UE) for the programmes/courses that offer this Teaching Unit are specified at the end of this sheet.
- the practical discovery of the media companies ecosystem, mainly in Belgium
- the discovery of the world of information
- the discovery of news related to the media
The topics above will be addressed with particular emphasis on technological issues and digital innovation in the media world. What innovation strategy for a media company? How to evolve / reinvent yourself in the age of digital technologies? These questions will guide the interviews with media professionals as well as the field visits.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.In addition to lectures, the seminar includes presentations by guests from the media world, field visits, and news review sessions.
- All of the seminar sessions are normally given face to face.
- Depending on the evolution of health measures (yellow or orange codes), on the capacity of the auditorium and on the number of registered students, seminar sessions could switch to co-modality: presence of the majority of students, and the possibility of remote attendance via Teams. If the auditorium does not allow broadcasting via Teams or if red code applies, these courses will go into full remote mode. Visits could also be postponed or transformed into an additional conference by a media professional. These adaptations will be communicated to students via Moodle.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Continuous evaluation based on the work related to the seminar sessions and the visits, and on the news follow-up (via MCQ). Group work on a specific theme might also be requested.
The second session will include the same type of evaluation as during the year: news follow-up test and work to be submitted (similar to the sum of work submitted during the year), on a topic defined by the teacher, in connection with the visits and conferences given during the year.