At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the student will master the programming in SAS/Base and will be able to apply its skills on big and complicated data sets.
- Use SAS Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide to write and submit SAS programs.
- Access SAS, Microsoft Excel, and text data.
- Explore and validate data.
- Prepare data by subsetting rows and computing new columns.
- Analyze and report on data.
- Export data and results to Excel, PDF, and other formats.
- Use SQL in SAS to query and join tables.
- understand and control DATA step processing
- create an accumulating column and process data in groups
- manipulate data with functions
- convert column type
- create custom formats
- concatenate and merge tables
- process repetitive code
- restructure tables.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.In addition to the lectures and computer room exercises, much of the training is done autonomously using the syllabus, SAS documentation, and e-learning tools provided by SAS.
The modalities foreseen will evolve according to the health situation.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The examination of this course consists of passing the SAS Base Programming Certification (QCM and programming, in english).
This course is open to all students from Belgian universities after enrolment in the academic programme (Master's or Doctoral students). However, as the number of places is limited, enrolment for students other than those in the Master's degree in statistics, general orientation or biostatistics can only be made with the agreement of the course holder. This course is also available to students of the UCL University Certificate in Statistics under certain conditions.
The course content is only available after official registration.
Accès à la documentation SAS.
- Syllabus du cours en vente au début du cours. Accès à la documentation SAS.