This learning module has a B2/C1 level target in terms of the Common European Framework for Languages.
Students will have to produce pieces of writing belonging to various fields (personal, educational and professional), applying the genre requirements taught in class.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this learning module, the student should be able to:
- The first part of the course aims at discovering a communicative situation on the basis of some form of input (e.g. a text, an audio or video podcast). The learner will familiarize themselves with the subject through groupwork activities.
- The second part will focus on the text-production adapted to the communicative situation elaborated earlier (field, genre, typology and target-audience).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.This course is delivered as face-to-face, online or hybrid depending on the health situation.
The course essentially adopts a CLIL-oriented approach (Content-Language Intergrated Learning). This means several themes will be dealt with (historical, cultural, literary, etc.) before initiating the practical writing sessions, which are aimed at producing the various written genres that are the objective of this course.
The students will be exposed to various linguistic inputs, will have to solve the various tasks proposed, using group and individual writing approaches.
Eventually, a lot of time will be spent on feedback, self-reflection and self-correction.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Continuous assessment; explicit and systematic reflection on the writing and reading process will be part of assessment.
Taking this into consideration, the distribution of the evaluation percentages are:
- 10% autonomous work: homework, work dossiers, style exercises, moodle activities
- 20% writing task 1
- 20% writing task 2
- 20% writing task 3
- 30% writing task 4
Attention: Depending on the health situation, the examinations could be carried out remotely.
In the event that the student does not follow the entire route described here, only the value of the final writing of the text of each task will be taken into account for the calculation of the mark.
- On utilisera les plateformes de l'UCL dont la clé d'accès sera donnée au début du cours.
- D'autres documents complémentaires à déterminer pourront être fournis durant le cours.