- Water distribution networks
- Open-channel flows
- Natural rivers with morphological evolution
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Contribution of the course to the program objectives (N°)
AA1.1, AA1.2, AA2.1, AA2.2, AA2.3, AA2.4, AA2.5, AA3.1, AA3.2, AA3.3, AA4.2, AA4.4, AA5.2, AA5.3, AA5.6
Specific learning outcomes of the course
More precisely, at the end of the course, the student will be able to :
- Water hammer : rigid column theory
- Pressure waves
- Saint-venant equations, solutions by the method of characteristics
- Wave speed analysis
- Positive and negative waves
- Two-dimensional flow equations
- Finite-differences : Harten, Mac Cormack
- Finite-volume and shock-capturing methods
- Application : dam-break flow
- Numerical models (finite-differences, finite-volumes)
- Non-equilibrium sediment transport
- Applications : dam-break flows over mobile beds
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Lectures for the theoretical concepts.
Practical applications through homewroks and projects.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Continuous evaluation through homeworks and projects.
Oral exam for the theoretical part.