This biannual learning unit is not being organized in 2020-2021 !
The course will address two main issues: theories in SLA and learner language analysis.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
|1||By the end of the course, students will be familiar with the main theories and issues in second and foreign language acquisition. The students will be able to read scientific articles in the domain critically and to apply some of the research methods to carry out a small scale personal research project.|
- description of learner language.
- data analysis in SLA (e.g. elicitation tests vs learner corpus data).
- internal and external factors in SLA.
- language transfer.
- cognitive accounts of SLA.
- linguistic universals and SLA.
- individual learner differences and strategies.
- classroom SLA (e.g. explicit instruction vs implicit learning).
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Reading of scientific articles, classroom discussions.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Oral exam. The active participation in class will also be taken into account in the attribution of the final mark.
Portfolio of scientifc articles made available on the Moodle learning platform or available through the UCLouvain library services