This biannual learning unit is being organized in 2020-2021
The seminar deals with the following themes:
1. Major currents of Latin literature and the major authors;
2. Those authors only known to us through fragments;
3. Historical reconstruction of an event through literary fragments and archaeological information;
4. The notion of royalty under the Republic and the Empire.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the student will be able to identify and place in their context, the major currents of Latin literature and the authors that represent them; to identify the large inventory of authors whose works only exist in fragments; and to retrace the steps necessary to reconstruct an historical event from fragmentary information and archaeological documents.
The course deals with the following themes:
- The genres and authors of Latin literature ;
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Lectures by the teacher, reading of Latin texts and of secondary literature articles.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Written exam.