This learning unit is not being organized during year 2020-2021.
Alternating with LGLOR2752, this course deals with the grammar and vocabulary of one of the Buddhist languages of southern or central Asia (Indo-Aryan, Middle Iranian or Tokharian) as well as reading and commentary of selected texts in this language.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of this course, the student will be able to read and interpret original Buddhist texts in one of the languages studied.
According to the year in question, the language will be either Indo-Aryan (Pâli, Gândhâri, Buddhist Sanskrit) of a Middle Iranian language (Khotanic, Sogdian) or Tokharian.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Lectures (given over to the grammar and vocabulary of the selected language) and reading and analysis of texts prepared by the student.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Oral exam.
Ouvrages de référence :
- G. Pinault, Chrestomathie tokharienne. Textes et grammaire, Leuven-Paris, 2008.
- Th. Oberlies, Pali : a Grammar of the Language of the Theravada Tipitaka, Berlin, 2001.
- J. Brough, The Gandhari Dharmapada, London, 1962.
- T. Lenz, A New Version of the Gandhari Dharmapada and a Collection of Previous-Birth Stories, Seattle, 2003.
- B. Oguibénine, Initiation pratique à l'étude du sanskrit bouddhique, Paris, 1996.