This biannual learning unit is not being organized in 2020-2021 !
Various subjects are taken up:
- literary, religious and historical themes, relevant for the various communities in the region;
- documentary evidence of the texts and their historical context (author, period, literary genre, typology, text transmission);
- issues pertaining to translation and to the multilingual setting of Christian Near East;
- interaction of Near Eastern Christianity with other traditions (Byzantine, Muslim).
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the seminar, the student should have acquired :
- general knowledge of the various literatures of the Christian Near East;
- basic knowledge of modern scholarly approaches to these literatures;
- the heuristic skills of using the main research tools: dictionaries, encyclopedias, bibliographies, monographs and articles, proceedings, reviews, web-based resources;
- the ability to conduct personal research on special topics within the field of the Christian literatures of the Near East;
- the communication skills required to orally present the findings of a small-scale research project on a topic in the field;
- the communication skills required to actively participate in a discussion on a relevant subject;
- the ability to write a short essay on a relevant topic within the field and to take into consideration comments by the tutors.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Seminar, with active participation of the students: preparation and discussions of their readings, presentation.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Permanent evaluation, based on oral presentations, participation in group discussions, and on the essay. No oral exam at the end of the year.