Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information below is subject to change, in particular that concerning the teaching mode (presential, distance or in a comodal or hybrid format).
30.0 h + 30.0 h
This course assumes that the student already masters the skills of end of secondary allowing to translate a problem into a system of equations with several variables and to solve it.
The course focuses on :
- the understanding of mathematical tools and techniques based on a rigorous learning of concepts favored by highlighting their concrete application,
- the rigorous manipulation of these tools and techniques in the context of concrete applications.
- operation on matrices,
- rank and resolution of a linear system,
- Matrix writing of a system of linear equations
- Basic operations on the lines
- Elimination of Gauss-Jordan
- LU Factoring
- Implementation of Linear Equation System Resolution Algorithms
- vectors, vector operations,
- vector spaces (vector, independence, base, dimension),
- linear applications (applications to transformations of the plan, kernel and image),
- eigenvectors and eigenvalues (including applications)
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
Given the learning outcomes of the "Bachelor in Computer science" program, this course contributes to the development, acquisition and evaluation of the following learning outcomes:
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Faculty or entity