At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
The objective of this seminar is to introduce students to research activities and current questions in applied mathematics.
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change until September 13.Students take part (possibly over a single semester) to various research activities in applied mathematics organized at UCL, namely the following (reading) seminars:
- Systems and Control seminar
- Operations Research seminar
- Big Data seminar
Depending upon opportunities and the number of registered students, visits of companies may be organised.
The type and number of activities will be determined at the beginning of the academic year by the students according to their scientific interests, in agreement with the coordinator, so that the total amount of work corresponds to 5 ECTS.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change until September 13.Student performance will be assessed on the basis of
- Attendance to the seminars, reading groups and/or visits of companies
- Writing of summaries for the activities
- Preparation of oral communications and/or written reports related to the topics presented during the activities
The type and number of activities will be determined in agreement with the coordinator at the beginning of the year.
- http://www.uclouvain.be/11245.html (systems and control)
- http://www.uclouvain.be/en-44416.html (operations research)
- http://sites.uclouvain.be/big-data (Big Data)