- The real-life project leads to a physicial prototype or/and a set of recommendations. Each project has its own requirements in terms of discipline, technology and methods.
- The project work serves as a basis to experiment "Project management" tools and techniques.
- A set of lectures / exercices / readings / presentations / reports linked to the project to be made.
- A set of lectures / exercices / readings / presentations / reports linked to the area of Project Management.
- A SCIENTIFIC AND SYSTEMATIC APPROACH
Conduct a clear and structured analytical reasoning by applying, and eventually adapting, scientifically based conceptual frameworks and models, to define and analyze a problem.
- INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Initiate, develop and implement ideas around a newproduct, service, processor organizational structure, having evaluated the risks and remain pragmatic.
- TEAMWORK AND LEADERSHIP
Learn and apply the basics of team management.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Learn and apply the basics of project management
- COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
Express, both orally and in writing, a clear and structured message adapted to the audience.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The projects will be allocated to the student groups based on their preferences.
- Regarding the project itself, the teaching method will vary with the type of project that has been assigned to each student group. But in all cases, the students will deepen his/her knowledge in field of the project.
- Regarding the project management part, the course will be structured along a set of lectures / exercises / guest speakers. The students will be asked to apply some of the main "project management" concepts to their own team and project. This could lead to presentations and/or reports.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The evaluation is made of two parts: the project part (2/3) and the project management part(1/3). The final grade is the simple weighted sum of these two grades.
For the project management part, the grade is made of the group work grade (50%) and of the individual written exam grade (50%) if the exam is succeeded (>= 10/20). If the exam grade is not succeeded, the exam grade will constitute the final grade for the "project management part".
- The group grade is made of several presentations/deliverables of equal weights spread over the complete semester.
- The individual written exam takes place at mid-semester.
For all and for the "project management part":LLSMF2018 PM: Technological and Quantitative Project (incl. Project Management)
For those working the ELEC project:LLSMF2018_ELEC
For those working the IT projectLLSMF2018_IT - Technological Project (IT)
For those working the MAPR project: LLSMF2018_MAPR Technological Project: Materials and Process Engineering
For those working the MECA project":LLSMF2018_MECA - Technological Project: Mechanics
For those working the OR project":LLSMF2018_OR_Project