Moreover, companies need to be able to manage, analyse and take actions on big data generated. This has an impact on the way companies should manage and structure their marketing department. This is complex and requires new skills that companies do not always have.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Review the latest changes affecting the marketing strategy ( situation analysis, segmentation and positioning)
- Understand how the marketing organization has to be adapted to take into account the new digital environment
- Review how to manage brands in this new environment taking into account traditional and digital marketing tools.
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
On successful completion of this program, each student will acquire the following skills :
The course will help students to :
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
- Marketing revolution in the new digital landscape
- Impact of the digital landscape on strategic marketing
- Key changes in the media landscape
- The power of social media
- New digital communication tools
- Big data, artificial intelligence and privacy
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Lectures, case studies, videos, homeworks to be handed over on Moodle, group work. Conferences with external experts (presence mandatory) - Due to the COVID crisis, most lectures will be done virtually via Teams.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.Written exam (70% of the points)
Group work (30% of the points)
Malus points will be attributed (up to 3 points) if the individual work is not done on time / poorly done or due to the absence to the conferences.
DIGITAL MARKETING, CHAFFEY AND CHADWICK, 7th edition. Pearson
Syllabi available at the DUC
- Sylabus for the course available at DUC