In addition, this course is reserved for students with a bachelor's degree in business engineering or students with equivalent quantitative method skills
At the end of this learning unit, the student is able to :
At the end of the course, students should be able to :
The contribution of this Teaching Unit to the development and command of the skills and learning outcomes of the programme(s) can be accessed at the end of this sheet, in the section entitled “Programmes/courses offering this Teaching Unit”.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The theoretical material is presented during the lectures. Students are asked to work in groups and individually in order to apply the theoretical framework to specific case studies and/or to topical issues.
- Group discussions and work
- Testimonies by external experts
- Readings to prepare the lectures
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the information in this section is particularly likely to change.The final grade in this course is based on grades in individual coursework (45%), group coursework (25%) and final exam (30%).
- Individual coursework. The individual coursework consists of written answers to quiz questions about the cases discussed in class. Each quiz will consist of a single question, asking for a justified opinion. Your response to each quiz should be 300-500 words long. All quizzes are required to be completed, and the mark will consist of quiz answers relating to three cases, to be selected at random at the end of the course. Please bear in mind that – in addition to being marked – the quizzes have the purpose to prepare you for the class discussion.
- Group coursework. The task is to pick an existing product or service and to describe how the chosen product/service could be turned into a platform. The deliverables will be detailed at the start of the course.
- Final exam. The final exam is a 1-hour, close-book, written exam covering the entirety of the course. The focus is on economic intuition and interpretation of cases, and not on mathematical reasoning. The exam will be organized in the two regular exam sessions (June and August).
- Important note. The marks for the individual coursework are set once and for all (this part of the assessment cannot be retaken). However, students have the possibility to retake the final exam in August and, if the mark of the group coursework is below 10/20, to replace it with an individual coursework (to be handed in August).
Lecture notes and Slides provided through Moodle